Micro needle therapy treats light scaring, fine to deep wrinkles. It is derived from ancient acupuncture techniques and mesotherapy. As the needles are rolled over the skin, tiny punctures are created within the epidermis and dermis that encourage the skin’s own natural healing response stimulating the production of collagen and elastin and the release of growth factors. One of the most exciting advantages of this treatment is that it can safely be performed on both darker and lighter skin types. Plus there is minimal downtime and discomfort and an almost immediate outcome. Treatment is only done on the area that needs attention.
What is the Beauty M micro needling pen?
The automatic vibrating function of the the Beauty M micro needling pen increases the effectiveness of treatment by increasing absorption of products, whilst reducing pain & discomfort.
The Beauty M micro needling pen is just as effective as ablative treatments such as Fraxel, IPL, Laser Resurfacing, and Chemical Peels.
What can the Beauty M micro needling pen treat?
- Skin tightening, lifting and rejuvenation by stimulate the production of collagen
- Improves wrinkles and fine lines, reduce crows feet and lip lines, reduce forehead lines and frown lines
- Minimize pore size
- Improves stretch marks
- Assist in the absorption of cosmetic products
- Reduce the appearance of stretch marks
- Roaccutane use in the last 6 months
- Dermatitis or infection in the area to be treated
- Keloid scars
- Abnormal wound healing
How many sessions will you need?
Each skin responds differently and most skins will need multiple treatments at 8-12 week intervals, dependent on the initial condition being treated, and the desired outcome. This time frame allows us to see the maximum new collagen deposition and to assess the success of the treatment.
Please note: A very small number of skins will have a minimal response to needling
What is the recovery time?
- Following the treatment the area treated will be red, swollen, and irritated.
- The redness lasts only 24-48 hours for skin needling.
- After 24 hours you can wear mineral makeup to cover the area.
- After three days you can start to use a scrub to remove dead cell accumulation (flaky skin).
What are the advantages of using micro needling pen?
- No cross infection – disposable needles
- Adjustable needle depth
- Less pain
- No side effect
The skin micro needling treatment consists of the following stages:
- Face cleansing
- Anesthetic ointment application to treatment area for 30 minutes prior treatment
- Actual skin micro needling treatment
- Application of post-treatment solution to treatment area
- Followed up by a cooling mask
After-Care for Skin Micro Needling
There are a few simple steps for after care that you will need to follow:
- Avoid the use of moisturisers or lotions containing active ingredients such as retinol, glycolic acids, perfumes and colours
- Use the moisturiser supplied to you for 3-7 days or until your skin is no longer sensitive. Thereafter, continue with your usual moisturisers unless advised otherwise
- Keep sun exposure to a minimum as your skin will be a little more sensitive to the sun. Wear a hat and sunscreen daily
- Use mineral foundation, “breathable” foundation or healing camouflage if required
- Do not rub or pick the skin as this may lead to a scar
- If you have any concerns or questions please call the spa at 289-291-0168