Last week we wrote about what makes a product truly “green” and some common misconceptions surrounding “green” or organic products.
So, with all of the myths, information and product lines available, which green product line do we trust the most?
Beata and Tanya have both used Eminence Organic skin care products regularly since 2003, when the line was first introduced in Canada. Beata knows the founder, Boldijarre Koronczay personally and greatly admires his dedication to innovation, the strong marketing he employs, his commitment to being a truly green company and the corporate social responsibility initiative he has rolled out.
Their mission statement, “to deliver happiness and extraordinary service by providing the healthiest and most effective skin care products” and to protect “the future of our planet through our green practices” truly is the foundation behind all they do.
Eminence has been voted Favorite Skin Care Line for four years in a row by skin care professionals and #1 for skin care results in the natural and organic spa industry. Why?
- Their products are free of parabens, sodium sulfate, animal by-products, propylene glycol, sodium lauryl sulfates, harmful colorants, fragrances, mineral oils and petroleum.
- Eminence is a member of the Organic Trade Association (OTA), the association for the organic industry in North America. The OTA works to promote and protect organic trade to benefit the environment, farmers, the public and the economy.
- Eminence is the Best of Green Award winner for the best environmental practices in the industry.
- Their products are hand-made, cruelty-free without mass production for over 50 years.
We also love Eminence because they’re committed to being an industry leader in keeping our planet green and has always been concerned about the environment. Since its inception, they’ve been using sustainable farming and green practices to create organic products- before being green was cool.
How are they doing this?
- They’ve enlisted wind and solar power energy in the making of their products, which produces no carbon dioxide.
- Their products come in recyclable packaging, their inks are vegetable-based and they use FSC certified post-consumer recycled paper.
- In their warehouses, all packing boxes are reused and recycled and their new eco-friendly software system means they don’t need to print out invoices- saving 15-20 trees per year!
- Their green office space has been designed as an eco-alternative building made primarily with renewable resources. Even their staff uses “green” transportation- 92% of their office uses public transit, walks or bikes to and from work every day.
You’re going to love this…really, you are.
Eminence has an amazing Forests for the Future initiative. Basically, every time they sell an active organic, or Biodynamic product, Eminence will plant a tree.
The Power of 1 Tree:
- Produces 260 pounds of oxygen per year
- Absorbs as much carbon in 1 year as a car produces driving 26, 000 miles
- Helps lower air temperature and helps prevent climate change
- Stabilizes soil and prevents wind and soil erosion
- Contributes to the fertility of land through nitrogen fixation and increasing water penetration
Their website has a ton of helpful resources, be sure to check it out here. Have you used Eminence before? Which products of theirs do you love?